2013 Spring Staff and Faculty Conference Improvement by Design: Leading the Way
March 5, 2013, 10:00am to 11:45am
Avoid Career Limiting Moves (CLM)
This seminar presented by Benita Clark & Gayle Greene discussed how to keep your options open in the workplace.
These days, if you’re not-monitoring how you’re working, behaving, speaking, or even dressing in the office, you may be sending signals that say, ‘When it’s time to cut someone, choose me,’ cautions Ronna Lichtenberg, author of It’s Not Business, It’s Personal: The 9 Relationship Principles That Power Your Career (Hyperion, 2001). In this workshop, we will discuss how to avoid CLMs which are any actions that limit your potential for advancement or future employment.
- Always Remember It Pays to Be Personal
- Observe the Rules of the Role
- Be Fluent in Both Pink and Blue
- Choose Your People Like You Choose Your Stocks
- Diversify Your Holdings
- Don’t Waste Time on the Wrong People
- Do It Every Day
- Give Yourself Time to Win
- Do Deals Based on Relationships