PPT files of this presentation can be found at the shared drive, so go ahead and request them if necessary.
Watch the hell out for shingles.
We gave thanks to Connie, Amy and Jean, our 3 staff members. We have really raised the bar for performance with staff. We are also looking to see AMY training administrative staff above our dean.
Benchmarking: Amber johnson and Tyler Dockery recognized in efforts to propose and achieve benchmarking grants and we’re encouraged to continue pushing efforts in monetization within our schools
Our dist-ed support has changed over to E-Learning Support. we have accessibility technologists (2), and instructional technologist and technical assistance. Call or email for assistance at any time
ECU Amy Frank
Amy Frank is with Program Operations at ECU. She spoke with us regarding transfer options at ECU, department of Technology Systems. Transfer programs included:
- BS in Design
- BS in Information & Computer Technology
- BS in Instructional Engineering Technology
- BS in Distribution and Logistics
48 new hires in Instructional Engineering Technology in the last 12 months.
- BS in industrial tech
- 8 concentrations on main campus
- 6 concentration available online
Important note here: when you have reached over 140 credit hours, ECU will charge you 1.5 x the standard tuition costs.
Transfer Admission Requirements:
- cumulative GPA 2.5
- 24 hrs of transfer AAS Credits
- High School transcript if under age 21
Failing to complete minimum high school requirements means you will need to complete those at ECU before admittance to program
TSYS Graduate Program Options
MS Admission to ECU
- Resume and Statement of Purpose
- Offical transcripts
- Standardized Exam (GRE waiver for those hlding a Masters Degree. Professional Admission Option (GRE Waiver) if 10yrs+ related work experience).
Graduate Certification Admission to ECU
- Resume and Statement of Purpose
- Offical transcripts
- Two References
Further information can be garnered at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dayna Burton. Sadly, the number of DSS students are on the rise, with 28,000+ active students, and roughly 4% of students self-identified as DSS. PTSD is on the rise, but self-id is bringing mre to the fore, but god, because they could get more help.
What is required for DSS?
- Must self-disclose their Disability to receive accommodations. no longer have IEP because they are not covered with IDEA. However, the IEP may be included.
- Post-secondary students are governed under the ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, specifically subpart E.
- Wake Tech community college provides reasonable accommodations for students with the documented disabilities.
The purpose of accommodations: DSS students receive accommodation in order to have equal access to programs, materials and facilities.
reduce online learning abilities for students
faculuty design and deliver online courses in accorance with wake tech standards
- Quality standards are ready for distribution in fall 2015.
- Peer review process (pathway 2) approved and ready to move forward FALL 2015
- Peer review process pilot planned for fall 2015
- First EPIC PD course (pathway 1) created and In review, ready for launch fall 2015
- EPIC 101
- working assessment plan in final stages. First outcomes report will be delivered fall 2015
PATHWAY 1: Planning for online learning: 7hrs
- ACC101 intro to accessibility 3h
- EPIC 101 Best Practices in course navigation and design 4h (launch SEP2015)
- EPIC 102 Best practices in onliune comm and collab 4h (ct 2015)
- EPIC 103 best pract in online assess (Feb 2016)
- EPIC 104 capstone course self-eval an online course (april 2016)
- TLS 101: intro to univ desing for learning
Epic MUSt use estab qulait
navigation, cmmunication, collaborations, assignments
EPIC Quality eLerning Standards
- Rubric for use in peer review (path 2 for certification)
- rubric develped by team
LMS course menu template
- get started
- faculty info
- course resources
- my grades
- student support
Make notes on how you will schedule your goals in the following semester or year. Include:
- EPIC training and/or EPIC prep
- Applied Benchmarking
- Professional Development
- NCCIA Rowan Cabarrus [ DATE TBA ]
- CISCO Conference
- NCCCFA- Wilmington, OCT 14-16
The calendar has changed Fall Break.
Travel requests need 1 month leeway time for reimbursement. Further, costs for traininig need to be given 1 month ahead. Give all information for this, including descriptions, costs, locations, dates, and content.
CBEN (Competency-Based Education)
all 58 community colleges. we are one of the 5 colleges to use Competency Based Education. From the Registrar’s office on down through teachers. The ball is rolling, and we are getting on top of this.
I learned HTML initially in East Carolina University (ECU) and University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG), emerging in 1994 with a minor smattering of understanding. In 2000, I took classes at the University of Georgia (UGA) to get HTML and CSS firmly under my belt. HTML5 is a new and emerging standard for web designer. Since I teach a little of this, my HTML5 learning has all been self-taught. Getting this certification is a reflection of study and understanding of the newest upgrade to HTML. So, I determined to get my certifications with BrainBench
At 6:00pm On May 5th I attended The Class of 1994 Graduation presented by C.E. Jordan High School at the Cameron Indoor Stadium in Durham, North Carolina.
Graduation from C.E. Jordan High School!
Today I graduate from High School. Hooray! I graduated from C.E. Jordan High School in Durham, NC. I have received acceptance letters from East Carolina University ( http://www.ecu.edu will open in another window) and University of North Carolina at Greensboro ( http://www.uncg.edu will open in a new window). I hope to study Art and someday become a famous photographer!